I Love Me Some Larry Tan

This is where I go to swear and rant. I encourage you to do the sam.e

Desperation

So I made a huge mistake this weekend.

I watched two documentaries.

#1 - Stupidity - about the advance of the stupid culture in society

#2 - I, curmudgeon - a series of interview with critics of the world

Why was this a mistake, because I can't disagree with the argument that the world is really idiotic, that 90% of us are sheep and that television gives a diet of pablum.

No one ever bothers to think anymore.

And it makes me get exzema (I'd look up how to spell this, but I can't be bothered.)

The thing that got my goat was the discussion of how one of the directors went to a party and everyone was talking about how Nike used William Burroughs in one of their ads and how cool it was. He immediately said that it wasn't cool because Burroughs was a drug addict who killed his wife and why should he be the face of all things athletic.

And everyone in the room turned on him and said, 'It's just a commercial.'

fuck.

And someone that he told this story to, responded with the comment that it's this kind of non-analytical thinking that allows for events like Nazi Germany.

And while I know there's a big jump from Nike commercials to Nazi Germany - I can't disagree with this.

We never question anything anymore. I don't - and I should. I'm going to start doing that more. I'm going to be the complainer.

And this will be my forum.

Like how on Law and Order the women who portray defending attorneys (the bad guys)are always older and little heavy - but the women who portray the prosecuting attorneys (the good guys) are fucking models. And this is because people accused of crimes are always bad and only ugly people defend them.

that pisses me off.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

12:08 AM

its good and its right to question. I encourage my group (at work) to ask questions all the time and never take what I say as the right and only answer. A few of other groups are TAUGHT...you know, the teacher telling them the answer cos she's the teacher and therefore right.
It's all bollocks!
I always am asking the huge question....."but why?" I am known as a stirrer and troublemaker but so what!?!!!    



7:15 PM

Who the hell is Larry Tan?
http://www.ipn.org/programs/PersonDetail.asp?id=107
or
http://www.sfx.com.my/larry.htm
or
http://masnet.mas.gov.sg/fin/findir/SDWFIDIR.NSF/0/0ac0e80306183af3482565e9002ac2fb?OpenDocument    



12:54 PM

I never noticed the Law and Order connection...very interesting.    



7:51 AM

I also never really paid attention to Law and Orders women, but mostly you're right.
Except for Epatha whatsername it's true.    



» Post a Comment